Coronavirus information and office updates
Our office be opening the week of May 11th for routine visits as the State of North Carolina begins to lift restrictions related to Covid-19 (coronavirus).
Our office will continue normal office hours Monday through Friday and will continue to schedule select appointments after screening patients for risk factors related to COVID19.
Precautions taken to ensure our patients safety are as follows:
1. Before scheduling an appointment, our office screens patients for recent travel that may have increased exposure to COVID-19, fever, and other COVID19 symptoms. We screen our employess at the beginning of each day and take temperatures, and do the same for all patients and visitors upon arrival.
2. If you have tested positive for Coronavirus or have been exposed to someone with Coronavirus, our office will follow CDC guidelines on quarantine and will not schedule visits until cleared. Emergent needs will be directed to the hospital ER.
3. Given that even asymptomatic persons may have Coronavirus, our office will follow universal precautions....
- No family members or other visitors are allowed at the visit, unless the patient is a minor.
- Upon arrival in the office, a "limited contact" approach will be used at check-in. Any patients with a cough (less than one month) or a fever will be rescheduled.
- Patients will be brought immediately to a "sterilized" exam room. This means after each patient, surfaces including floors will be cleaned with hospital-grade disinfectant wipes and sprayed with anti-viral disinfectant spray. Instruments will continue to be meticulously sterilized according to medical guidelines for sterilization.
- each exam room has an UV-C HEPA filter device, utilizing ultraviolet light to kill airborne viruses.
- our Practice offers telehealth visits to select patients who do not require an in-person exam. Telehealth visits do have a visit fee for the Provider's time. Please refer to your insurance plan or website for your specific copay or televisit fee.
- providers and staff will avoid shaking hands, will follow CDC guidelines on hand washing and wearing masks, and will self-quarantine if symptoms develop and Coronavirus testing is positive.
Please rest assured that with the extraordinary efforts our office is taking and universal coronavirus precautions will help protect you and our staff at the time of your visit.
Additional information may be found on the CDC or WHO websites.